State Agencies

From Upper Valley Mental Health Resource Guide
Jump to navigation Jump to search


If you or a loved one are having difficulty with a Medicaid Care Management Organization getting a prior authorization for medications or access to treatment, please call the client services help line at the NH Dept. of Health and Human Services: 603- 271- 4344 or 1-800-852-3345 x434.

  • Note: You may wish to begin by contacting organizations that provide information about state services. These include NAMI NH and New Hampshire 2-1-1.


Information and Referral Organizations

  • New Hampshire Care Path
    • An online guide by NH's Department of Health and Human Services to diverse services in NH, including: finding services, caregivers, developmental disability services, elderly services, payment for services options, places to live, medicaid, mental/emotional/behavioral health, legal rights, drug/alcohol concerns, transportation, and veteran/military supports.
  • New Hampshire 2-1-1, 866-444-4211
    • Mailing Address: P. O. Box 211, Manchester, NH 03105
    • 2-1-1 NH connects callers at no cost, to information about critical health and human services available in their community. NH citizens can call 2-1-1 and speak to an information and referral specialist.

State Agencies

New Hampshire

  • NH Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), 603-271-5557, 800-735-2964
    • State Office Location: 129 Pleasant Street, Concord, NH 03301
    • Regional Office Location: 17 Water Street, Suite 301, Claremont, NH 03743, 603-542-9544, 800-982-1001
    • DHHS provides assistance for New Hampshire's citizens through a variety of services, supports, financial and medical assistance programs at its regional offices.


  • State Mental Health Agency
    • Location: 26 Terrace St., Montpelier, VT
    • DMH continues to focus on its vision for self-determination, empowerment and recovery. It means being responsible to the need and preferences of consumers and families. The vision challenges DMH to change the culture, philosophy and values, and to fully embrace the concepts of recovery.
  • Fuel Assistance in Vermont
    • For an application, ph. 800-479-6151
    • The Fuel Assistance Program is administered by the Economic Services Division.
  • Energy Assistance in Vermont
    • For information, ph. 800-775-0516
    • Energy Assistance helps lower-income Vermonters afford energy for their homes.
  • 3SquaresVT
    • For information, ph. 800-479-6151
    • 3SquaresVT is a federal USDA program to help put three square meals on tables of lower-income Vermonters.
  • Phone Assistance
    • For information, ph. 800-622-4496
    • The Lifeline Telephone Service Credit offers eligible Vermonters a discount off their monthly phone bills.
  • Reach Up in Vermont (TANF)
    • For information, ph. 800-479-6151
    • Reach Up helps families with children by providing cash assistance for basic needs and services that support work and self-sufficiency.
  • Emergency/General Assistance in Vermont
    • For information, visit your local Community Action Agency. See website above for details.
    • Emergency/General Assistance helps individuals and families with their emergency basic needs such as temporary housing, utilities, food, and personal needs items. Eligibility is based on low income.